Please note: we will stop accepting submissions for this program on Wednesday, June 14, 2023, at 11:59 PM EST. Thank you!
Spivey Consulting Group fully supports equitable access and diverse representation in legal education. Our commitment to providing the best free law school admissions content, advice, and resources available—as well as the extensive pro bono and low bono work we do each year—stems from this value and mission.
We are excited to announce that, as part of this ongoing commitment, Spivey Consulting Group is launching its third year of our formal Pro-Bono Consulting Program, which offers free law school admissions consulting services to a limited number of selected diverse and low-income applicants who are applying to law school this cycle.
Selected applicants will work with one of our Spivey consultants one-on-one to prepare their law school applications for up to 5 law schools. This opportunity offers the services available to our application package clients, found on our website here, at no cost.
Qualified applicants will fulfill the following requirements:
- Commitment to apply to law school for the 2023-2024 application cycle (entering law school fall 2024)
- Low-income and/or diverse background
- The deadline is Wednesday, June 14, 2023, at 11:59 PM EST. No selections will be made prior to the deadline, and there is no preference for earlier submissions.
- To apply, please fill out the application here. You can preview the questions, short answers, and attachments we ask for below.
- Note that we will not be evaluating applicants based on the relative competitiveness of their law school profiles, but we will consider whether or not we feel we can help you achieve your goals. We will primarily evaluate applicants based on significant financial need and prospective contributions to diversity in the legal field.
- Email email@example.com with any questions.
- Note: applicants who are currently waiting for paid services with us are more than welcome to apply, if qualified. If this applies to you, please indicate so in your application.
Please do not email us your application; fill out the online application here.
Biographical/Basic Admissions Information:
- Phone number
- Current location
- Undergraduate college, graduation year, and major
- Cumulative undergraduate GPA (LSAC GPA, if known)
- All valid LSAT and/or GRE score(s), if applicable
- Any future LSAT/GRE administrations for which you are currently registered
- A list of your target law schools
- A list of your applications and results if you have applied to law school in any prior cycle(s)
- A list of any other current or past pre-law fellowships or pipeline programs in which you have participated (e.g. UCLA Law Fellows, POSSE, LEAP, Munger Tolles, etc.
- Any other information that may be highly important to your admissions process/outcomes, e.g. character and fitness, leaves of absence from school, work experience
- Please share a bit about why you're interested in the legal profession and/or why you are applying to law school. (Approx. 250-500 words)
- Please describe your financial disadvantage/need, and any information regarding how you have been impacted by coming from a diverse, marginalized, and/or underrepresented background. (Approx. 250-500 words)
- Please explain why you would like to be considered for pro-bono consulting and how you feel this opportunity could help you. (Approx. 250-500 words)
The documents you send will never be shared with anyone outside of Spivey Consulting Group.
- Required: Resume
- Optional: Proof of significant financial need (e.g. FAFSA Student Aid Report, tax/income documents) (note: you are welcome to redact social security numbers or any other sensitive personal information from these documents; however, they should include your full name for verification purposes)
Thank you for your interest!