Pepperdine University School of Law is seeking applicants for Assistant Dean for Academic Success.
In most years, Pepperdine Law’s first-time bar takers consistently meet or surpass ABA law schools’ average pass rates on the CA Bar Exam. The law school is looking to develop even stronger academic success and bar support programs, and is seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Assistant Dean to lead its existing and evolving programs.
The Assistant Dean will coordinate, supervise, and teach in Pepperdine Law’s academic support and bar support programs. He or she will report to the Associate Dean for Student Success and will work collaboratively with faculty and other members of the law school administration.
The Assistant Dean’s primary responsibilities will include:
- Develop and manage academic and bar support programs, events, and outreach.
- Plan, coordinate, and teach the 1L Law Exam Workshop and an upper-division academic success course in the fall and spring semesters.
- Help plan, coordinate, and co-teach the 3L Bar Exam Workshop course in the fall and spring semesters.
- Plan, coordinate, staff, teach workshops, and work directly with recent graduates in the summer bar support program.
- Train and supervise full-time and adjunct faculty and staff who work in the academic success and bar support programs.
- Compile, gather, and analyze data on all aspects of academic success and bar support programs to help inform and develop them, with a continuing goal of improving students’ success in law school and on the bar exam.
- Stay abreast and regularly inform the deans and faculty of best practices and trends in law school academic success and bar support programs.
- Together, with a team of part-time faculty and administrators, supervise and delegate administrative aspects of the academic success and bar support programs.
- Complete other duties as necessary to carry out above and related functions.
If you work at Pepperdine Law, you are at a place where:
- Dean Caron and the entire administrative leadership team are highly supportive of the law school's academic and bar preparation programs.
- The university and the law school encourages and supports entrepreneurship, vision, and a can-do attitude.
- And last, but certainly not least, the law school's location in beautiful Malibu, at the base of the Santa Monica Mountains and overlooking the Pacific Ocean, provides a wonderful backdrop to our daily work environment.
The successful candidate will have:
- Juris Doctor from an ABA-accredited law school required. California Bar strongly preferred.
- Experience with legal pedagogy and academic and bar support required.
- At least five years’ experience in a supervisory capacity preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
Please introduce yourself by sending a cover letter, describing your interest in and qualifications for the position, salary requirements, and resume to Selina Brandt at firstname.lastname@example.org.