In this podcast, Spivey Consulting COO Anna Hicks asks Mike some admissions questions from Reddit, covering large-scale changes to law school admissions due to the pandemic, reapplication strategies, how law schools look at "KJDs," whether or not you should explain why you want to go to law school in your personal statement, how to write Why X statements when you can't visit a law school and don't know anyone who attended, and more.
We mentioned a number of other blogs, podcasts, and YouTube videos in this podcast — they are linked below:
- Podcast: Recapping the 2020-2021 Law School Admissions Cycle & Predicting the Upcoming Cycle
- Podcast: Interview with Dr. Gabor Maté, Author of "In the Realm of Hungry Ghosts"
- Podcast: Dr. Guy Winch on Handling Rejection (& Waiting) in the Admissions and Job Search Process
- Podcast: Interview with Dr. Kristin Neff on How Self-Compassion Can Help You Achieve Your Goals
- Podcast: Traits of Law School Applicants Who Outperform Their Numbers
- Cycle Recap Podcast: No Rejections in the Hardest Admissions Cycle Ever
- Blog Post: All Things [Admissions] Considered
- Blog Post: Don't Dox Yourself / Podcast: Mike Spivey on the Darker Side of Self-Doxing in Law School Admissions
- Mike's All-Time Favorite Law School Personal Statement
- Personal Statement about Jazzy the Cat
- Podcast: On the Prevalence of Bad Law School Admissions Advice
- Video: How to Choose a Law School Personal Statement Topic (featuring Derek Meeker's discussion of "MWECs," or "moments when everything changed")