Please note: the application period for this opportunity is now closed. Thank you for your interest and to all who applied!
Spivey Consulting Group fully supports equitable access and diverse representation in legal education. Our commitment to providing the best free law school admissions content, advice, and resources available — as well as the extensive pro bono and low bono work we do each year — stems from this value and mission.
We are excited to announce that, as part of this ongoing commitment, Spivey Consulting Group is launching a formal Pro-Bono Consulting Program, which offers free law school admissions consulting services to a limited number of selected low-income and underrepresented minority applicants who are applying to law school this cycle.
Selected applicants will work with a Spivey consultant one-on-one to prepare their law school applications for up to 5 law schools. This opportunity offers the services available to our application package clients, found on our website here, at no cost.
Qualified applicants will fulfill the following requirements:
- Serious applicant to law school for the 2020-2021 application cycle (entering law school fall 2021)
- Come from a low-income background and/or ethnic background that is underrepresented in law school
- The deadline is Sunday, November 8, 2020, at 5:00 PM PST. No selections will be made prior to the deadline, and there is no preference for earlier submissions.
- To apply, please fill out the application here. You can preview the questions, short answers, and attachments we ask for below.
- Note that we will not be evaluating applicants based on the relative competitiveness of their law school profiles, but we will consider whether or not we feel we can help you achieve your goals. We will primarily evaluate applicants based on financial need and prospective contribution to diversity in the legal field.
- Email email@example.com with any questions.
- Note: applicants who are currently on our waitlist for paid services are more than welcome to apply, if qualified. If this applies to you, please indicate in your application that you are currently on our waitlist.
Below is a preview of the information we will request in the pro bono services application. Please do not email us your application; fill out the online application here.
Biographical/Basic Admissions Information:
- Phone number
- Current location
- Undergraduate college, graduation year, and major
- Cumulative undergraduate GPA (LSAC GPA, if known)
- All valid LSAT and/or GRE score(s), if applicable
- Any future LSAT/GRE administrations for which you are currently registered
- A list of your target law schools
- Any other information that may be highly important to your admissions process/outcomes, e.g. character and fitness issues, leaves of absence from school
- Please describe your financial disadvantage/need, and any information regarding how you have been impacted by coming from an underrepresented background. (Max 1,500 characters)
- Please explain why you would like to be considered for pro-bono consulting and how you feel this opportunity could help you. (Max 750 characters)
No documents you send will ever be shared with anyone outside of Spivey Consulting Group
- Proof of financial need (e.g. FAFSA Student Aid Report, tax/income documents) (note: you are welcome to redact social security numbers or any other sensitive personal information from these documents; however, they should include your full name for verification purposes)
Thank you for your interest!